[Haskell-cafe] Papers from the 2005 Haskell Workshop (Tallinn)?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Oct 11 19:55:17 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 10:53:01PM +0200, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:
> Most authors do put their papers on their web pages nowadays.
>
> On a side note, it is a little strange that the research community
> does the research, writes and typesets the papers, and does most (?)
> of the arrangements for the conferences, and still someone else gets
> the copyright. University libraries have to pay lots of money for
> access to publications. I may have missed some term in the equation,
> though.

knuth wrote an open letter on just this subject that was very
interesting..
 http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/joalet.pdf

I wonder if it would be okay to make a meta-web page that points to
each authors homepage where they have their papers for each person that
presented at a conference.

I certainly think we should somehow centralize an index to papers on
haskell. I have found it extremely difficult to track down papers for
authors that have since moved out of academia or have passed on and
don't have their personal homepages with their papers anymore.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈