[Haskell-cafe] GHCi always optimizes?

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:31:34 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:07:07AM +0100, Dusan Kolar wrote:
> To be honest, I don't mind ghci optimizes always
> but saying it uses the same options as ghc is not
> entirely true and, for optimization, it's quite painful
> because one searches error where it is not.

I think the real source of your problem is that GHCi will load a
compiled .o file if it's up to date wrt.  the source files. When you
load modules, watch the messages printed by GHCi. "Skipping" means
and interpreted by GHCi.

Anyway, it's strange that you are experiencing crashes.  IIRC, there
were problems if you mixed modules compiled with different levels of
optimisation in the same program, but I am not sure it still happens.

Best regards
Tomasz