[Haskell-cafe] Re: Pickling HList

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 11:29:29 EST 2005

Keean,

I sort of gave up on HList for the time being since I found easier
ways to solve my problem.

Mainly, I could not estimate the impact it would have on run-time
performance of my code and GHC not being able to compile the code was
not a good indication. Simon PJ fixed that error since.

My idea was to, basically, create my own record sans labels. I wanted
to specify picklers and default values for each field instead. I have
over 250 records, though, and some have over 10 fields. There is a
lot of sharing of fields between the records but I still think this
is too much for GHC to handle.

Can you venture a guess on runtime performance of such code?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/