[Haskell-cafe] Project postmortem

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:43:53 EST 2005

Simon,

What about the non-OSX issue of using a Chan to collect traces from
thousands of threads?

It's not working very well for me when I use readChan in a loop (see
the code). getChanContents works much better but then the logger
thread is stuck forever and everything else that waits on it is stuck
as well.

The output from logger (Util.hs) stops after a few lines and thus
memory taken starts to grow because all the output sent to the chan
is not being processed.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/