[Haskell-cafe] Records

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Sun Nov 20 07:44:43 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005, Simon Marlow wrote:

> I'm assuming you don't consider the distinction between '::' and ': :'
> to be a problem - the justification for this is simple and logical: a
> double colon '::' is a reserved symbol, in the same way that 'then' is a
> reserved identifier.

I have to admit that even if it weren't my expectation would be for '::'
to parse as one operator and complain (of course, as ': :' the odds of it
being used in a situation where it typechecks are rather low).

flippa at flippac.org

The task of the academic is not to scale great
intellectual mountains, but to flatten them.