[Haskell-cafe] Infinite lists and lambda calculus

Greg Woodhouse gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 19:20:48 EST 2005

--- Lennart Augustsson <lennart at augustsson.net> wrote:

> It computes the fix point which you can also define as
>                   oo
> 	fix f = lub f^i(_|_)
>                  i=0
> where f^i is f iterated i times.  Is that a definition
> of fixpoint that makes you happier?

Believe it or not, yes. My background is in mathematics, so something
looking more like a fixed point of a continuous map seems a lot more
intuitive.

> How much domain theory have you studied?  Maybe that's where you can
> find the connection you're missing?

None. But it seems clear that this is a deficit in my education I need
to address.

> 	-- Lennart

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net>

"Interaction is the mind-body problem of computing."

--Philip Wadler