[Haskell-cafe] Records (was Re: [Haskell] Improvements to GHC)

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:21:09 EST 2005

On 11/18/05, Tomasz Zielonka <tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 06:56:09PM +0100, Sebastian Sylvan wrote:

> > Some people do use it more often than I do, but I find that in most
> > cases except simple "pipelined" functions it only makes the code
> > harder to read.
>
> But this case is quite important, isn't it?

I'm not so sure it is, and you can almost always write it using ($)
without too much trouble. I really only ever use (.) for pretty simple
things like filter (not . null).

Again. I'm thinking (<>) is a good operator. An intelligent editor
would pull them together a bit more to make it look even more like a
ring.
I could see myself using <> and >< for dot and cross products in
linear algebra, though, but I'm willing to sacrifice those operators
for the greater good :-)

/S

--
Sebastian Sylvan