[Haskell-cafe] Records (was Re: [Haskell] Improvements to GHC)

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Thu Nov 17 19:39:31 EST 2005

another thing is that for any record syntax, we would want higher order
versions of the selection, setting, and updating routines. A quick
perusal of my source code shows over half my uses of record selectors
are in a higher order fashion. (which need to be generated with DrIFT
with the current syntax)

I mean something like

map (.foo) xs
to pull all the 'foo' fields out of xs.  (using made up syntax)

map (foo_s 3) xs

to set all the foo fields to 3. (using DrIFT syntax)

John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈