[Haskell-cafe] How to use a wiki to annotate GHC Docs? was Re: [Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:15:12 EST 2005

> I don't think restricting editing to registered users is a significant
> turn off if registration is simple.

It really really is a turn off. Sometimes when I spot a mistake, and
I'm at a computer where I haven't logged in to hawiki, I don't bother
fixing it. No one wants to have yet another account, to fill in their
personal details yet again.

I appreciate spam is a problem, but turning off unregistered users is
a trade off - less content, less spam, less open to people joining -
its not a free solution.

Thanks

Neil