[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 06:44:00 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 11:03 +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 22:05 schrieb Gour:
> > [...]
> > > The question is if HTML is sufficient.  In addition, HTML is at some
> > > points not well thought-out.
> >
> > True, but considering the present situation, it is all what is required.
> I doubt this.  How, for example, do you implement code snippets which should
> be rendered in a paragraph of their own in HTML?

I wrote a program (based on HsColour by Malcolm Wallace) which processes
xhtml and modifies <code>...</code> blocks to do simple Haskell syntax
highlighting and link function names to corresponding haddock
documentation (by reading .hi file to get the fully qualified names).

I'm planning to use it for writing Gtk2Hs tutorials.