[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 14 06:44:00 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 11:03 +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 22:05 schrieb Gour:
> > [...]
>
> > > The question is if HTML is sufficient.  In addition, HTML is at some
> > > points not well thought-out.
> >
> > True, but considering the present situation, it is all what is required.
>
> I doubt this.  How, for example, do you implement code snippets which should
> be rendered in a paragraph of their own in HTML?

I wrote a program (based on HsColour by Malcolm Wallace) which processes
xhtml and modifies <code>...</code> blocks to do simple Haskell syntax
highlighting and link function names to corresponding haddock
documentation (by reading .hi file to get the fully qualified names).

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/darcs/gtk2hs/docs/tools/AddLinks.hs
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/darcs/gtk2hs/docs/tutorial/Makefile

I'm planning to use it for writing Gtk2Hs tutorials.
http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/HelloWorld.xhtml

Duncan