[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:21:36 EST 2005

2005/11/13, Gour <list at atmarama.org>:
> Sven Panne (Sven.Panne at aedion.de) wrote:
>
> >  * DocBook XML can be transformed into a very rich collection of output
> > formats: XHTML, HTML Help, DVI, PS, PDF, FO, plain text, etc. etc.
>
> txt2tags has the following backends: HTML, XHTML, SGML, LaTeX, Lout,
> man, Magic Point, Moin Moin, Page Maker 6.0 & plain text.

I don't see PDF and HtmlHelp backends here. Of course PDF can be
created from LaTeX but this requires doble translation and you will
need both txt2tags & LaTeX installed. I spent some time to add support
for HtmlHelp in haddock and I am using the HtmlHelp output from
DocBook. I don't want to spend more time to learn a new markup and to
make the things working with the new tools. I can't see real reasons
to switch to new formats.

Cheers,
  Krasimir