[Haskell-cafe] Re: FPS: Finalizers not running (was Memoryusageoutside of the Haskell heap)

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Wed Nov 9 04:46:15 EST 2005

Sebastian Sylvan wrote:

>On 11/8/05, Jan-Willem Maessen <jmaessen at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>

>>Just wanted to let people know that I've been working on improving
>>Data.HashTable, with the help of Ketil Malde's badly performing code

Always happy to help, of course - bad performance R us:-)

>Request: Data.HashTable.Immutable

I'm not sure you really want that - do you wish to copy a large array
each time you do an update?
Freezing and thawing might be a good idea, though.

HashTable's interface is rather impoverished, compared to Map and even
Array.
Ideally, it should support many of the same operations, and presumably
it could work with the ST monad as well as IO.

-k