[Haskell-cafe] Compiled hugs - on "overload" crashes

Dusan Kolar kolar at fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Nov 3 08:32:44 EST 2005

Hello again,

  without the --endable-timer option, I have managed to compile hugs.
Nevertheless,
I was not successfull with doc. OK, I don't care about it, but anyway...

  I've run serveral tests. One of them is appended - for trial just type
cesty (1,1) -
it's a kind of state-space search implementation (horse problem) made by
a student long
time ago, without any optimization, for testing very good.

  My older hugs interpreter stops with error: ERROR - Control stack overflow
GHCi stops with the same error: *** Exception: stack overflow
That's OK, really, that's correct behavior after printing some results.

  Nevertheless, the new hugs compilation stops with this: Segmentation
Fault(coredump)
And that's probably not the correct end. May I do something wrong? I've
thought
that configure + make + make install_all_but_docs (no doc compiled)
should work.

  Sorry for bothering if this is trivial or off topic.

  Regards, hoping for help,

    Dusan

--

 Dusan Kolar            tel: +420 54 114 1238
 UIFS FIT VUT Brno      fax: +420 54 114 1270
 Bozetechova 2       e-mail: kolar at fit.vutbr.cz
 Brno 612 66
 Czech Republic