[Haskell-cafe] APIs

Jérémy Bobbio jeremy.bobbio at etu.upmc.fr
Tue May 24 19:45:37 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 01:09, Daniel Fischer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2005 00:46 schrieb Benjamin Franksen:

> [more discussion...]
>
> What about a type synonym? I think
>
> type CreateParents = Bool

The thread started about readability at the call site.  Using a type
synonym for Bool needs to figure out what this "True" at call site
means instead of understanding it right away.

What about adding to the Daniel's definition:

  don'tCreateParents :: CreateParents
  don'tCreateParents = False
  createParents      :: CreateParents
  createParents      = True

I'm not finding this fancy as the library user is not required to use
them.  Using constructors also emphasis which are options and which are
not.

Cheers,
  Jérémy.