[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Beyond ASCII only editors for Haskell

Scott Turner p.turner at computer.org
Tue May 24 10:06:20 EDT 2005

[moved from haskell to haskell-cafe]

On May 23 Monday, Mads Lindstrøm wrote:
> This also means that I do think we should invent some symbols.
> Like the (->) used in function signatures.  And we can live with
> the new notation, even  though it is not intuitive, as it is used
> very, very often.
Programs are logical, and from that point of view the -> symbol is an
excellent match with mathematical logic.  I'd like to see more support for
logical symbols in the type systems of programming languages. The
Curry-Howard correspondence matches function types with logical implication,
and provides a source for many more symbols.