[Haskell-cafe] Bit fiddling

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue May 17 16:44:14 EDT 2005

I'm toying a bit with Haskell and wondering what's the best way to
implement bit fiddling.  Most of my applications involve serializing
and deserializing small blobs (IP packets, for instance), and after
browsing the GHC library documentation, I'm not sure which appraoch I
should use.  That's why I'd appreciate pointers to sample code.

Portability beyond GHC is not required.  It's not necessary to update
blobs, only to parse them, and serialize new ones.  And in the
beginning, I'd like to write the boilerplate manually. 8-)