[Haskell-cafe] Tables in Haskell (data model /business app pr ototyping)

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Wed May 11 11:42:29 EDT 2005

> From: Rene de Visser [mailto:rene_de_visser at hotmail.com]
>
> >What do you mean by "external" database? If you just mean "on another
>
> I would like to write my views and constraints in Haskell,
> and not in a
> seperate database language.
>
> i.e. I want to use Haskell also as declarative active
> database language to
> define the business logic and rules.  This would seem to me
> to be a lot
> easier when the database is written in Haskell itself and
> part of the same
> program.
>
> Rene.

Well, in that case, HaskellDB is probably about as good as it's gonna get.
Were you looking for something similar to an existing system that you're
familiar with? (Datalog? Kliesli?)

Alistair.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this   message, and any
attachments, may contain confidential   and/or privileged material. It is
intended solely for the   person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review,   retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other   than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received  this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the   material from any computer.