[Haskell-cafe] Squashing space leaks

Greg Buchholz greg at sleepingsquirrel.org
Thu May 5 20:24:50 EDT 2005

Josef Svenningsson wrote:
> I think the thing that really kills you is the way you shuffle around
> the list in the advance function. Your commented out rotations
> function has the same problem. Here is my attempt to solve the problem
> a little more efficiently:

    We're heading in the right direction anyway.  I can now compute 1
million iteration in about 2 minutes (with +RTS -H750M -K100M).  Well
almost, since it now doesn't compute the right answer, so something must
be amiss in the shuffling section.  Now if we can get it to us a little
less than 1G of memory, we'll be in good shape.

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz