[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell vs OCaml

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Wed May 4 18:29:04 EDT 2005

There is also Template Haskell vs MetaOCaml.

For the life of me, I still cannot fathom why Template Haskell is untyped, while MetaOCaml is fully typed.  Which is
the main reason I write meta-program in MetaOCaml and 'other' programs in Haskell.

There is the additional aspect that my meta-programs tend to be functional, but the programs they write are
imperative.  That is easy to do in MetaOCaml, and I am still daunted by the idea of getting Template Haskell to do the
same!

Jacques