[Haskell-cafe] Implementation of Non-Deterministic State Machine

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre.barbier at cirad.fr
Mon Mar 28 10:58:48 EST 2005

As an exercice to learn monadic programming, I programmed a
Non-Deterministic State Machine. I extended the exercice to include the
deterministic "cut" function, exactly as the one existing in Prolog.
That means I defined an evalutaion frame, and if the machine evaluates a
"cut", that means no other alternatives are to be evaluated in the
inner-most frame. In Prolog, each predicates defines also a frame.

To further extend my experiment, I wanted to implement my State Machine
as a Monad Transformer. But there, even if it's working, I cannot
anymore work with infinite choice points :(

So I was looking for some existing implementation, to try understand
what I did and even if it is possible.

Pierre Barbier de Reuille

INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde

tel   : (33) 4 67 61 65 77    fax   : (33) 4 67 61 56 68