[Haskell-cafe] Linux device drivers

Mark Carroll mark at ixod.org
Sun Mar 20 20:12:14 EST 2005

I was wondering about the possibility of using Haskell for developing
device drivers that would be kernel modules for Linux. If nothing else,
it would be quite an educational experience for me, as I've not yet
experimented with either the Linux kernel or Haskell FFI, nor have I
had to learn how to squeeze much performance out of my Haskell code.

Clearly, this application demands special things from the compiler and
the runtime. But, I'm not exactly sure what, nor how to achieve such
given current compilers. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
        Mark

--
Haskell vacancies in Columbus, Ohio, USA: see http://www.aetion.com/jobs.html