[Haskell-cafe] Best practices for modular programming in Haskell

Benjamin Pierce bcpierce at cis.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:52:59 EST 2005

> It wouldn't be too hard to add a plain ASCII backend to Haddock that
> generates the interfaces for modules without the implementation - that
> would address Benjamin's concern to some extent.

Yes, that would be most helpful.

It's still not quite perfect because there is a typesetting step between
what the programmer is writing in the .hs file and the way the generated
interface looks -- people have to actually go to the trouble of running
Haddock and double-checking that their interfaces look the way they intend.
But I expect that this would become habitual pretty quickly, for those that
care about this kind of interface documentation.

    - Benjamin