[Haskell-cafe] Joy Combinators (Occurs check: infinite type)

Greg Buchholz haskell at sleepingsquirrel.org
Wed Mar 9 19:16:55 EST 2005

Keean Schupke wrote:
> I have refactored your code into a type level Haskell program.
> This has the nice advantage that it is extensible.

    Wow.  Color me impressed.  A little under a week ago, I stumbled
onto Joy, and thought to myself that it could be translated almost
directly into Haskell (which would imply it was possible to statically
type).  Well, it wasn't quite as direct as I had initially thought, but
it looks like you've done it.  Are there any papers/books out there
which I could study to learn more about these (and other) tricks of the
type system wizards?

Thanks,

Greg Buchholz