[Haskell-cafe] haskell DNS resolver w/o using FFI

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 17:54:30 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:15:52 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time), S.
Alexander Jacobson <alex at alexjacobson.com> wrote:
> Peter Simons told me that someone has written a DNS resolver in
> Haskell that doesn't rely on an FFI call.  I'd love to look at it if
> it is available...

I guess it would be me. However, the library is a bit incomplete -
it's missing the most interesting piece: an iterative query algorithm.
You can use it to query a DNS server supporting recursive queries.

I can't send you the code right now, because I temporarily have no
access to my notebook. I'll try to do it tomorrow. If I don't, please
remind me.

Best regards
Tomasz