[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Dynamic binding

Andreas Rossberg rossberg at ps.uni-sb.de
Fri Jun 24 08:28:22 EDT 2005

Ralf Lammel wrote:

> I would like to add a peer-reviewed clear reference
> to the OOHaskell paper about the red herring that you mention.
> I don't have such a reference. May I kindly ask you to offer
> a few for selection?

Off-hand, I recall a paper by Martin Odersky and the Scala people
discussing their approach to the Expression Problem, and a related paper
by Jacques Garrigue, where he proposes to solve it using OCaml's
polymorphic variants. Both should be easy to dig up with Google, and
probably contain further pointers.

Hope this helps,

   - Andreas

Andreas Rossberg, rossberg at ps.uni-sb.de

Let's get rid of those possible thingies!  -- TB