[Haskell-cafe] Buddha and GHC 6.4

Bernard Pope bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jun 20 21:13:10 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 17:03 +0200, Gour wrote:
> Bernard Pope (bjpop at cs.mu.OZ.AU) wrote:
> > To stop the complaints I renamed every occurrence of buddha to
> > plargleflarp on the webpage.
>
> This term is not the best one :-)

No, but it made for some amusing emails.

> To make people happy, why not use the name 'buddha' instead of 'Buddha' ?
>
> Then they cannot complain any longer ;)

I already did that.

I've also had some positive responses from other people who say they are
buddhist. I think the complainers are definitely in the minority.

To be honest I didn't think anyone would notice my little joke about
plargleflarp.

Anyway, now a new word is added to google's memory.

Cheers,
Bernie.