[Haskell-cafe] class Ref...

Gracjan Polak gracjan at acchsh.com
Tue Jun 7 06:25:50 EDT 2005

Hi,

I the paper of Magnu Carlsson I noticed small, interesting class:

class Monad m => Ref m r | m -> r where
     newRef :: a -> m (r a)
     readRef :: r a -> m a
     writeRef :: r a -> a -> m ()

He defined it locally, but it seems to be very useful generalization of
IORef and STRef. Is there something like this in standard libraries? I
couldn't find it... :( Is there any reason why isn't it included?

Another question: priority queue. In libraries bundled with ghc we have
Data.Queue, but I couldn't find PriorityQueue. Is there somewhere an
implementation that everybody uses, but is not in the library?

Thanks!

--
Gracjan