[Haskell-cafe] Re: Quest for inheritance

Cédric Paternotte cpaternotte at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:47:19 EDT 2005

Hi Andre,

> Manuel Chakravarty and I also wrote a paper titled "Interfacing
> Haskell to Object-Oriented Languages" that you might find useful:

I've been reading it and from what I understood the technique you've
come up with is used to model foreign OO language hierarchies so that
Haskell can interface with them. My question is can you use it to code
in Haskell in a OO way or is it just meant to provide bridges to these
foreign OO objects ?

I noticed most examples in the paper were related to the matters of
interfacing. Or is it more than that ? Could you, for instance, craft
a version of, say, the Shapes example with this approach ?

Thanks,

Cédric Paternotte