[Haskell-cafe] Space questions about intern and sets

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Fri Jun 3 14:16:40 EDT 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Gracjan Polak wrote:
> In related question: does anybody here have experience/benchmarks/tests
> how/if is PackedString better (uses less memory) than String in parsing
> tasks?

I don't have that information, but in case it helps, look out
for splitPS - it makes the fairly common mistake of discounting
a trailing separator, so both A:A: and A:A split to ["A", "A"],
where the former should be ["A", "A", ""].  It does handle
:A:A and A::A correctly, so you can just wrap splitPS with a
function that may add a nilPS depending on the end of the input
string.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com