[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.4 import problem

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Jun 2 06:44:11 EDT 2005

Hello Simon,

SM> You mean allowing

SM>   import M hiding (x)

SM> even if x is not exported by M?  Or making it a warning?

yes. i think that warning will be enough - it will compile silently
with new library versions and give warning, but still compile, when we
use old version of module M

SM> That's certainly possible, but it constitutes an extension to Haskell
SM> 98, so it would at least require the -fglasgow-exts flag.  I think
SM> you're better off keeping your code portable.

my own code in any case use many GHC-specific tricks, so for me
personally it is acceptable

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com