[Haskell-cafe] G machine in FORTH

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 1 19:49:17 EDT 2005

I always thought Forth was way cool, but I've never managed to get anything
significant written in it.  I think that Forth has echoes of the
"point-free" style in Haskell, but Haskell is a lot friendlier.

Is the Forth environment part of the hardware?  If your Forth is just a
threaded interpreter written in software then it seems wasteful to compile
Haskell down to an interpreted environment.  If it's part of the hardware
then I think it would be (at the very least) an interesting exercise.

Mike