[Haskell-cafe] Updating the Haskell Standard

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Thu Jul 21 03:02:29 EDT 2005

Hello John,

JG> It has been awhile since I wrote a Haskell program that can compile in
JG> pure Haskell 98 mode.  I think it would benefit everyone if a more
JG> up-to-date standard were made available.

imho, there is an unofficial standard made by common GHC/Hugs
features. afaik, other two Haskell compilers are not evolve any more.
so that really you want to standartize? :)  i think, the
standartization process will help only in situations when there is
several fast-grown and uncompatible realizations

question in that i really agree - that documentation about all
extra-Haskell98 features are spread here and there. it will be great
if we will add, for example, addendum to "gentle introduction" where
new language features and libs will be covered. of course, much of
this can be borrowed from Hugs/GHC docs and articles, written by its
developers

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com