[Haskell-cafe] Haskell, SDL, OpenGL

yin yin at atom.sk
Mon Jul 18 14:27:19 EDT 2005

Lemmih wrote:

>On 7/18/05, yin <yin at atom.sk> wrote:

>>>How did you invoke GHC?
>>>

>>Yes, I did (I sad it).
>>

>I mean, what command line gave that error message?

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot:

    $ ghc --make Main.hs

I compiling your Haskell + SDL + OpenGL example from haskell wiki and my
modifications (big modifications).

>>>What does 'ghc-pkg describe SDL' say?
>>>

>>See atachment.
>>
>>Thanks, you're fast!
>>
>>Matej 'Yin' Gagyi
>>

>>name: SDL
>>version: 0.2.0
>>license: BSD3
>>copyright: 2004-2005, Lemmih
>>maintainer: Lemmih (lemmih at gmail.com)
>>stability:
>>homepage:
>>package-url:
>>category: Foreign binding
>>author: Lemmih (lemmih at gmail.com)
>>exposed: True
>>exposed-modules: Graphics.UI.SDL Graphics.UI.SDL.CPUInfo
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.General Graphics.UI.SDL.Video
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.WindowManagement Graphics.UI.SDL.Audio
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.AudioSpec Graphics.UI.SDL.Events
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.Time Graphics.UI.SDL.Keysym Graphics.UI.SDL.Color
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.RWOps Graphics.UI.SDL.Types Graphics.UI.SDL.Rect
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.Utilities Graphics.UI.SDL.Version
>>                 Graphics.UI.SDL.Joystick
>>hidden-modules:
>>import-dirs: /home/yin/devel/third/sdlh/SDLstable/img/lib/SDL-0.2.0
>>library-dirs: /home/yin/devel/third/sdlh/SDLstable/img/lib/SDL-0.2.0
>>hs-libraries: HSSDL-0.2.0
>>extra-libraries:
>>include-dirs:
>>includes: SDL.h
>>depends: base-1.0
>>hugs-options:
>>cc-options: -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT
>>ld-options: -L/usr/lib -Wl -rpath /usr/lib -lSDL
>>

>Hmm, looks like GHC is having issues with -rpath. I'm not sure how to
>solve this correctly but one solution would be to remove it from your
>package.conf file.

Problem solved. Thank you! Now you have to find a way to correct the
problem in your distribution. Maybe, I can help you with
long-time-low-priority work around SDL... do you have some work for my?
I'm "haskell freshmen" and I need some real-work.

Thank you, one more time.

Matej 'Yin' Gagyi