[Haskell-cafe] can't build module with ffi 'wrapper' by cabal (or ghc): unknown symbol

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Jul 6 00:38:01 EDT 2005

Evgeny Chukreev <l at toril.ru> writes:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:05:49 +0400
>     /Evgeny/ /Chukreev/ <l at toril.ru> wrote me:
>
> EC> gcc src/Codec/Mhash_stub.c -o ...
> EC> /usr/bin/ar qv dist/build/libHSHMhash-0.1.a dist/build/src/Codec/Mhash.o
> EC> /usr/bin/ar: creating dist/build/libHSHMhash-0.1.a
> EC> a - dist/build/src/Codec/Mhash.o
> (why mhash_stub.o did not archived?)
>
> Does no answer to my question mean that there is no-one who knows what kind of bug
> it is (ghc/cabal/mine) or it is the fact that nobody cares (even the
> developers of ghc/cabal)?

You posted to the wrong place.  I don't follow this list as closely as
libraries at haskell.org.  It would also help if you can describe your
problem and only paste relevant details of your compiler interaction.

Which version of Cabal are you using?  Handling of _stub files is new
in versions > 1.0.1, which are not yet released, but you can get it
from CVS / darcs or from the latest tarballs on the web page.

peace,

  isaac