[Haskell-cafe] haskell parser for java bytecode?

Jonathan Cast jcast at ou.edu
Sun Jul 3 08:42:00 EDT 2005

karczma at info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> Kimberley Burchett writes:
>
> > I'm  interested in  using  haskell  to do  static  analysis of  java
> > bytecode. To my surprise, I wasn't able to find any existing haskell
> > libraries for parsing java .class files.
>
> Now  I am  surprised.  Why  for goodness'  sake, people  interested in
> Haskell *should* worry about parsing of Java bytecode chunks?

It depends on  your reason for interest.  A  better question: why should
people interested in  Java be interested in using  Haskell to manipulate
it?

Because  Haskell is  (IMHO)  the best  pure  data manipulation  language
around  (pure data,  not pure  manipulation).  Really,  all code-walkers
should be written in Haskell.

Jon Cast