[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Implicit parallel functional programming

Ben Lippmeier Ben.Lippmeier at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 20 22:17:28 EST 2005

Satnam Singh wrote:

> Ample looks interesting. What license does it use? I had a quick look
> over the source and can't find anything. Is there a port to Windows or
> does it not do any OS specific UI/graphics?

By default, we're releasing it under GPL. I guess I should place a copy
of the license somewhere in the tarball...

For the graphs it produces, it just emits a gnuplot source file
(textfile, easy) and then automagically calls gnuplot to display that file.

It would probably work straight out of the box under cygwin (or similar)
with an appropriate build of gnuplot in your current path.

Failing that, you (or I) could easilly comment out the "call gnuplot"
stage and end up with a vanilla console-IO application.

If it gives you any trouble then send me a mail and i'll fix it.

... There's also a paper that goes with it, which used to be on Clem's
page but I see that the link is broken now, i'll get fixed.