[Haskell-cafe] Reading images

Thu Jan 20 14:35:43 EST 2005

I need to write a function in Haskell, which

1) reads a greyscale image (for instance, in JPEG, PNG or the like) and

2) transforms it into a n X m matrix A, where Aij contains an integer value
(in the range 0 to 255). That integer value is zero for a completely black
pixel, 255 for a completely white pixel and lies between zero and 255 for a
grey pixel.

In my program, I need ONLY to read an image and to transform it into such

Which graphics library can you recommend, if no other image manipulation
operations are required?

Dmitri Pissarenko
Dmitri Pissarenko
Software Engineer