[Haskell-cafe] Problems with compiling wxFruit

Thu Jan 20 09:50:29 EST 2005

Hello!

I'm trying to compile wxFruit sample program paddleball
(http://zoo.cs.yale.edu/classes/cs490/03-04b/bartholomew.robinson/).

When I try to compile file paddle.hs (see below where it is availeble) using
the call

<call>
ghc -fglasgow-exts -farrows -package wx -iC:\dapWork\haskell-learning\afrp-0.4
\src:C:\dapWork\haskell-learning paddle.hs
</call>

I'm getting the error message

<error-message>
paddle.hs:10:
    Failed to load interface for `WXFruit':
        Could not find interface file for `WXFruit'
        (use -v to see a list of the files searched for)

paddle.hs:11:
    Failed to load interface for `AFRP':
        Could not find interface file for `AFRP'
        (use -v to see a list of the files searched for)

paddle.hs:12:
    Failed to load interface for `AFRPUtilities':
        Could not find interface file for `AFRPUtilities'
        (use -v to see a list of the files searched for)
</error-message>

The file WXFruit.hs is located in the same directory as paddle.hs. AFRP.hs and
AFRPUtilities.hs are located in the directory C:\dapWork\haskell-learning\afrp-
0.4\src.

Apparently, those packages are not installed properly.

What should I do in order to compile paddle.hs?

Thanks in advance

PS: All files related to this example (paddle.hs and wxFruit.hs) are available
at

http://dapissarenko.com/resources/2005_01_20_haskell_learning/wxFruitSample.zip

in a 7 MB zip archive.
--