[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why is getArgs in the IO monad?

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 04:05:02 EST 2005

Of course both suggestions don't really change anything as:

    _main = do
       args <- getArgs
       main args

(or the equivalent for implicit parameters) is all that is required...
In a way
the implicit parameter approach makes it seem like a normal function...

Do you think implicit parameters could replace
top-level-things-with-identity?

I hadn't really thought of it before (and I don't use implicit
parameters much).

    Keean.