[Haskell-cafe] styles

Matthew Roberts mattr at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 19:17:38 EST 2005

Haskell seems to be a language that allows for lots of different
programming styles.  The most obvious being pointed v.s. point free.

As a programmer born and raised on OO - I have found the pointed style
to suit me better.

However, there are other distinctions.  I heavily use "let in" and
"where" to break up each function into smaller parts while I see other
programmers putting everything in one line.

I have seen the evolution of a Haskell programmer joke and most of it
goes over my head.

My question is

"Is there standard terminology for the different programming styles in
Haskell (besides pointed and point-free)?"

Matt