[Haskell-cafe] Problem with wxHaskell

Wed Jan 12 10:16:33 EST 2005

Hello!

I've downloaded wxHaskell, ran the wxhaskell-register.bat file and now try to
build a minimal wxHaskell program.

For this purpose, I tried to start GHCi using following command

ghci -package wx GuiTest.hs

GHCi crashed with following error messages:

<error-messages>
GHC Interactive, version 6.2.2, for Haskell 98.
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/
Type :? for help.

C:/ghc/ghc-6.2.2/HSreadline.o: unknown symbol `_rl_redisplay_function'
ghc.exe: unable to load package `readline'
</error-messages>

What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Dmitri Pissarenko

PS: Here is the code of the application

module Main where

import Graphics.UI.WXCore

main :: IO ()
main
  = run gui

gui :: IO ()
gui
  = do frame <- frameCreateTopFrame "Hello World"
       windowShow frame
       windowRaise frame
       return ()
--