[Haskell-cafe] Implementing computations with timeout

Sebastian Sylvan sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:00:23 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:56:42 +0100, Sebastian Sylvan
<sebastian.sylvan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:31:10 +0200, Einar Karttunen
> <ekarttun at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > What is the best way of doing an computation with a timeout?
> I like the approach taken in  "Tackling the ackward squad":

I should also state that this isn't safe when it comes to asynchronous
If one were to raise an exception in a timeout'd computation it would
simply abort the takeMVar which means the two child processes won't
get killed.

Sebastian Sylvan
UIN: 44640862