[Haskell-cafe] module Crypt_Discordian - code critique requested

Terrence Brannon bauhaus at metaperl.com
Wed Feb 23 09:49:37 EST 2005

Henning Thielemann <lemming at henning-thielemann.de> writes:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, David Roundy wrote:
>> Isn't it guaranteed unbreakable simply because there's no way to decrypt
>> it? Since there isn't a one-to-one mapping of cyphertext to plaintext, I
>> don't think it's actually a form of encryption.  Basically it's the same as
>> the sort function, which is also not invertible.
> yes, EXCEPT and EXPECT will get the same "encryption" ...
> ... and why is the order reversed (step 2) before the sorting (step 4) ?

Yes, I guess you aren't familiar with the Discordians. They are a
group of people who believe that spirituality is as much about
disharmony as it is about harmony.

So, in their primary book, Principia Discorida:

you never know what is serious and what is play. The wikipedia has
more to say on them:

Terrence Brannon, sundevil at livingcosmos.org, http://www.livingcosmos.org