[Haskell-cafe] GUI components for displaying Html pages

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 05:35:12 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 03:25 +0000, David Owen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a Haskell GUI library which supports the display of rendered
> Html pages in the same way that web browsers do.
>
> I've been getting to grips recently with wxHaskell as it was recommended on
> haskell-cafe.  I was hoping that a special pane component (or something
> similar) existed in wxHaskell for the purpose.  I've looked through the API
> but can't seem to see anything which looks suitable.  Does anybody know if
> wxHaskell can support this?  If not is anybody aware of a Haskell GUI
> library which caters for this purpose.

There is also Gtk2Hs which has a binding to the Mozilla rendering engine
embedded in a Gtk+ widget. We have a demo program which shows how to use
it (see demo/mozembed in the source distribution).

http://gtk2hs.sourceforge.net/

and the API reference:
http://gtk2hs.sourceforge.net/docs/gtk2hs-docs-0.9.7/Graphics.UI.Gtk.MozEmbed.html

Duncan