[Haskell-cafe] GUI components for displaying Html pages

David Owen d_w_o at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 22:25:47 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Haskell GUI library which supports the display of rendered
Html pages in the same way that web browsers do.

I've been getting to grips recently with wxHaskell as it was recommended on
haskell-cafe.  I was hoping that a special pane component (or something
similar) existed in wxHaskell for the purpose.  I've looked through the API
but can't seem to see anything which looks suitable.  Does anybody know if
wxHaskell can support this?  If not is anybody aware of a Haskell GUI
library which caters for this purpose.

Also, I am hoping to make use of HaXmL to deal with the Html parsing or
failing that attempt a very simple home-made parser.   Should anybody out
there know of a better way of attacking this aspect then that would be much
appreciated too!

(Apologies, this email might have been better suited to the libraries
mailing list!)

Cheers all!

David
(Swansea, UK)