[Haskell-cafe] IO and Wash

Tomasz Zielonka tomasz.zielonka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 01:31:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:13:04AM +0000, John Goerzen wrote:
> I'm trying out WASH for a project.  It looks nice, but I/O looks tricky.
> I have a database lookup, and I want to present each row as an option
> for the user.  Page 15 of the Wash user-manual.pdf has an example of
> using the abstract table to do this.  It works fine, but... if a user
> hits the submit button without selecting anything, they get a JavaScript
> message saying validation fails.  Good, that's what I want to happen.
> But when Wash tries to re-display the current form, all the data from
> the database is rendered empty.  I am using the example code almost
> verbatim.  Any ideas?

I have never used table_io. maybe there's a bug in it. Hmmm, it seems
to be conceptually wrong. The single purpose of table_io seems to be
to avoid keeping the result of an IO action in the log. But how is
WASH going to recreate it when it's needed again as in your example?

Best regards
Tomasz

--
Szukamy programisty C++ i Haskell'a: http://tinyurl.com/5mw4e