[Haskell-cafe] Top 20 ``things'' to know in Haskell

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at ldn.invesco.com
Wed Feb 9 04:40:51 EST 2005

Were you thinking of something like "[n] Things a Java Programmer Should
Know About Ruby" ?
  http://jimweirich.tadalist.com/lists/public/14055

Perhaps you'd like to start a page on the wiki. A link from here, maybe?
  http://haskell.org/hawiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The libraries I think I used the most when starting were:

Data.List
Data.Char
Data.Maybe
Data.Either
System.IO (reading and writing files)
System.Environment (for getArgs)
Data.Set
Data.FiniteMap (soon to be replaced)

Of course, a lot of this is already in the Prelude, so you'll be using it
indirectly.

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this   message, and any
attachments, may contain confidential   and/or privileged material. It is
intended solely for the   person(s) or entity to which it is addressed. Any
review,   retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other   than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you received  this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the   material from any computer.