[Haskell-cafe] Haskell binding to Berkeley DB?

Alain Cremieux alcremi at pobox.com
Fri Feb 4 17:38:43 EST 2005

>Hi,
>
>Has anyone tried/been successful on developing such a binding?
>
>Google returns reference to a message written 2 years ago (on the gtkhs
>mailing list) that someone developed it partially:
>
>http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/gtkhs/2003-January/000317.html

Hi Dimitry,
I have made some progress since this posting, but it is not finished.
My binding is written using the c-code from the lisp binding available
here : http://users.actrix.gen.nz/mycroft/cl.html
I have a low-level binding, and a medium-level binding, and both work.
But I'd like to make a high-level binding, maybe based on the ideas from
Oleg described here : From enumerators to cursors: turning the left fold
inside out <http://okmij.org/ftp/Haskell/index.html#fold-stream> and
here : Takusen: a DBMS access library built around a left-fold
enumerator <http://okmij.org/ftp/Haskell/index.html#takusen>

Anyhow, I can send you my code, no documentation available but with some
examples,

Alain