[Haskell-cafe] Re: ocr'ed version of "The implementation offunctional languages"

Harri Haataja harriha at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Feb 2 05:47:38 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:27:30PM +0600, Ivan Boldyrev wrote:

> > Do see http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/
>
> Unfortunately, creating script for automated (there are 400+ pages!)
> usage of this site is too complicated.  And my Inet connection is too
> limited.

There is a script. First you would only have to turn that set of raster
images into a ps(.gz) or pdf document. I believe the site will turn
those to djvu. I have done that with a few odd manuals, so I thought
that might be one way.

It is not guaranteed that the OCR will work or work well. For some
things it does and for some it doesn't. But that is a simple way to
access the non-free encoders and do the (or a) conversion with
relatively little pain. Something to start with maybe.

> Creation of LaTeX version is much better.

Naturally. But as already mentioned, that means much more manual writing
work (and/or some other OCR).