[Haskell-cafe] Re: OpenAL bindings / compiling ghc 6.5

Michael Benfield leftfist at mac.com
Sat Dec 31 12:41:56 EST 2005

On Dec 29, 2005, at 5:01 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> This may be due to using an older version of GNU make.   Try upgrading
> your make and

Thank you, this was the problem!

Now, though, I've got another problem, and it would be great if someone
could help me here.

I'm on Mac OS 10.3.9. I can't get GHC's configure script to detect my
OpenAL installation. I used OpenAL's binary OS X installer to install
OpenAL as a framework. The GHC configure script doesn't see it. I tried
just downloading the code for OpenAL and compiling it so that I could
install it in the normal Unixy way, but it refuses to compile (the
configure script seems to utterly ignore the options I give it and
tries to compile for backends I don't have).

Mike Benfield